There was a good turn out at our Monday evening run session. Our set involved plenty of hills and plenty of distance. There was a good initial sign on for the upcoming cross country season. The names of those that have committed so far are below. If you want to be involved and your name isn’t included then send Shane a text 087 2605743 and let him know.
Women: Majella Moyles, Cliodhna McGrath, Úna Doherty, Sinnead Oakes, Margaret Hogan.
Men: Shane Scully, Gary Scully, Andy McLoughlin, Stephen Hegarty, Dan Hogan, Keith Butler, Eoin Woolley, Eoin Sheehan, James Sheary, Cathal Donovan, Glen Austin.
U/17: Ross O’Meara, Darren Dunne, Killian Cullagh.
There is just one official run training session a week. So for the next few weeks you will have to be self motivated and get out by yourself or organise a run with others on the team.
- Try and get into the habit of running most days and make sure that the majority of your runs are easy.
- Try and include one long run (10 miles+)
- Let Monday be your one tough-ish run.
- Don’t increase your mileage dramatically week on week. Increase it slowly = be sensible. Let your body adapt to a new mileage total before increasing.
- After a few weeks of base building we will switch emphasis to more interval based running.
- Many people find it useful to record weekly mileage totals and set new targets each week.