I feel the need, the need for speed! – It’s time once again to test yourself at our cycling summer league. Things are kicking off in a big way this week. We have the Limerick Summer League on Tuesday at 7:00, but more importantly we have our very own summer league starting on Thursday. If you want to improve as a cyclist then test yourself each and every Thursday evening. You will soon be flying it.
- Speed: lets try to hit 46km/hour for the course. In the past we have had a couple of 45km efforts. Can we go one better and hit 46km? I think we can. We want the standard to be high so come out and give it your all.
- Out in force: we have a lot of racers in the club and the standard is high. Let’s put it up to all the other clubs that will be attending.
- Safety: we had no crashes last year so lets keep that up. Stay disciplined out there and don’t be a dick.
When? Every Thursday evening starting at 7:00pm. Starts On Thursday, April 7th.
Where? Sign on will be in Gooig (same place as the Limerick Summer League sign on)
Who? This event is open to anyone from any cycling club that has a Cycling Ireland racing license.
If you have a question about the league > text Shane at 087-2605743
Where the money goes:
Two years ago the money went towards our men’s Rás team. Last year it went towards our women’s Rás na mBan team. This year it is the turn of the men’s rás team again. As you can imagine, entering a team in the rás is very expensive. The lads on the team will be covering most of the expenses by themselves. However, by supporting the Summer League you can help fund the team’s efforts in 2016. Any help is very much appreciated.
How you can help:
- Attend the Summer League each week.
- Volunteer to marshal at the summer league
- Spread the word about the summer league
Marshaling: each month we are hoping to get 10 volunteers from the club to help out on one evening. We won’t force anyone to do it. If nobody volunteers then the rás lads will marshal themselves. Expenses will be paid to all volunteers. If you want to put your name down for a marshaling spot in April then text Shane at 087-2605743. If everyone volunteered once then that will easily cover it.
Share this poster: it would be great if you could advertise the poster on your Facebook page.