The team covered 250km of road this weekend at training. Cycling took us through Tipperary, Limerick, Galway and Clare; you certainly get to know every nook and cranny of the region when out and about on your bike. We had a crowd of 4 down racing at the local race in Golden organised by the Tipperary Wheelers, read how they got on below. We also have news of a new gear order about to be sent in and a new date has been selected for the big Tipperary Road Race.
- Tuesday – club training at 6:30 at Stereame – if you want to start cycling with our club then this is the best cycle to start off with.
- Thursday – Nenagh Summer League – race 14 – 7:00 at Gooig. 2 lap Ballyhane circuit.
- Saturday – club cycle at 9:00 at tthe hotel
- Sunday – club cycle at 8:00 at Tescos
Tipperary Road Race: NEW RACE DATE = Tuesday, Aug 1st at 7:00 SHARP at Birdhill.
Make sure to pop over to our Facebook event page
- 2 more warm-up dates to get ready for the Tipp Champs
- Summer League race 14 – 2 circuits of Ballyhane included
- Summer League race 15 – dry run of the actual 60km circuit starting from Birdhill.
Marshals: all club members are expected to either race or marshal. Will Rymer is in charge of the marshal list so get in contact with him to let him know if you are available. Our preference is for club members to race if possible.
Gear Order: the amount of holey jerseys and see through shorts in the club is at dangerous levels. We are well over due a gear order. Will Killackey has taken up the gear ordering reins and we are sure he will do a far better job than Kenneth. We will be adding a little bit of hi-viz to our gilet design for winter. Full ordering details will be on the website early next week. We will be collecting money with the order = all money has to be paid up front, so go break the piggy bank now.
End of Year Cycle + AGM: there are still plenty more weeks left to the season but a few people have been asking when the official Nenagh CC training season End of Year Cycle + AGM will take place. The answer to that is Saturday, August 26th. After that we will be taking a break for a few weeks before returning for pre-season training in October.
- EoYC: will take place on a local course. We encourage everyone that has cycled with us this year to make a special effort to be there, even if you only cycle half the cycle with us. We will have a food break half way around where the club will pay for everyone’s lunch. The speed will be handy enough at this as it’s just a friendly way of calling an end to the season.
Tipp Wheelers GP: well done to at this race. It was a great day for cycling and the lads felt that the Tipp Wheelers put on a great race. None of the lads quite got into the actual points but it’s another race under the belt and more racing experience points won! In the A1/A2 race, Matty Kennedy was in action – here is what he had to say “Bunch finish for me, lots of break attempts from the gun, the one that eventually stuck came towards the end of the first lap containing most of the top lads, tried bridging across with 2 lads, lasted about 10 mins in between and back into the bunch, that was it then, bunch was happy to chase any attempts to bridge across with no proper chase organized. Good safe race though.”
In the A3 race Jurgen Simpson was racing – “No points for me. Came in 15th-ish. Safe and very well organised race”. In the A4 race William Killackey continued his racing education”Bunch finish, rolled in about 15th. A break of 3 went at the start of the 3rd lap in the A4 race and stayed away, bunch didn’t try too hard to reel them as they weren’t far up the road. I went on a break around 55k, one other lad came across but we didn’t stay away long. Need to work on my sprint for the finish!!” He was joined by Donnchadh in the race and he managed to also finish in the bunch but just outside of the top 10.