We are almost finished our first month of off-season training. Time flies when you are having fun! The weather took a slight change for the worse last week but things are looking better for this week. Time to recover after the bank holiday weekend excesses, so stop feeling sorry for yourself and get out on your bike.
Senior Cycling: we had another fine turn out for our turbo session this evening. It was a tough one with a lot of beer sweat on show but we all survived to cycle another day. The next club cycle will be on Saturday
- Saturday cycle plan: the loop routes have been a big success so far. They have given our beginner/improver cyclists a chance to experience cycling with a large group. Much has been learned and fitness levels have improved. However, for the next 4 weeks things are going to be a little different. We will follow an old route / loop route / old route / loop route pattern. The old routes are those we did last year and they will take us much further out of town. Every second week we will be back to a loop route where it will be easier for beginners to join in. Come December we will be focusing solely on our old routes. It really is up to our beginners and improvers to knuckle down and put in the work on the bike so as to become comfortable in the bunch no matter what the route is. The route for this Saturday will be online later in the week.
Junior Cycling: as our juniors are all on holidays we are organising a mid-week cycle.
- Thursday at 11:00am at the Five Alley on the N7. This cycle will be 2.5 hours, so bring food.
Gear Order: this really is the last warning for gear. Text Kenneth (087) 2028964 soon as the order will be gone by the end of the week.
10 Big Targets for 2016: we want the club to improve on our considerable achievements from last year. We did well, but we can still do much better. Check out our targets for the 2016 season and try to help us achieve those goals.
- Enter a men’s team into the Rás
- Enter a women’s team into Rás na mBan
- Have our first ever entrant in the Junior Tour
- Organise another successful youth race
- Organise and improve on the standard of racing at the Nenagh Summer League
- Boost the number of members racing each week for the club
- Be competitive in youth races
- Not quite sure what to do for the leisure side yet. Any ideas???
- Enter teams in Rás Mumhan, Kanturk 3 Day and other top stage races
- Train hard together as a team