Nenagh CC had a very successful first year in cycling. Multiple club members got promoted. We entered a team in the An Post Rás, Rás Mumhan and the Kanturk 3 Day. We held a successful summer league and started a competitive junior cycling team. The standard in the club improved a lot in our 1st year working together as a team.
As we enter our second year in the sport we are putting a call out there for new members to join our club.
Not sure what team to join next year? Join us.
- Perhaps you are a parent of one of our junior cyclists – why not join them and us on the road in 2015?!
- Perhaps you have been one of the 150 people that look at our website everyday and wish you could be involved – well it’s now time to take that first step.
- Perhaps you are unhappy cycling by yourself or with a group that doesn’t cater for your ambitions – then give us a try.
- Whether you are an A4 or A2 rider we can help you move up to the top ranks.
- If you want to be part of an A1/A2/A3 stage racing team at the big stage races then we would love to have you.
- Perhaps you saw the women at Rás na mBan and thought you would love to be part of that – we will get you there.
(More info under photo)
Senior Training Returns
- Saturday, October 4th at 9:00am (8:00am for racing cyclists).
- Tuesday, October 7th at 7:30pm. Turbo training in the Running Complex out in Tyone. This is the more beginner friendly cycle of the two as there is no way you can get left behind and you will get to know the rest of the gang quickly.
Both training sessions are free of charge.
If you plan on racing for our club this year then try your best to make these sessions from the start. As a club we like to put in a good winter of cycling so as to be ready and confident when the cycle racing season starts in February. Joining our club after we have been training for 3 or 4 months will make it hard on yourself. The team element is important in our club so make the effort to join us from the start and buy into what we are trying to do.
Junior Training Returns
- Thursday, October 9th at 4:30pm – meeting at the CBS. This training session takes place on the Dublin Road so you need to have built up experience in our Saturday track group first before coming out with us.
- Saturday, October 11th – 2:30pm at the CBS. This training session is perfect for new comers to the club. It will take place on the CBS grounds and will involve a lot of skill work.
- Optional for our older racing juniors – Turbo training on Tuesdays with the senior lads + senior Saturday cycle every 2nd week.
All training sessions are free of charge.
The club caters for children from age 10 – 16. Over 16s are expected to train with the senior group. If you are new to our club then make sure your child has a helmet and a bicycle that is in good working order. This will be a big year for our racing juniors as most now have the skills and experience required to push a little harder. For more information ring Kevin – 086-8602011.
As a club we have high hopes for the 2015 season.
- expand membership – details on how to join will be made closer to the start date.
- increase the number of our cyclists competing in open events around the country.
- train and work hard together as a team and celebrate the little victories along the way. It is important that future members buy into the team aspect. If you are on a solo mission then you are better off joining another club.
- we would love to enter a men’s team into the An Post Rás.
- we would love to enter a women’s team into Rás na mBan.
- we would love to have one of our juniors enter the Junior Tour of Ireland.
- organise a youth cycling event.
Spread the word – Like & Share this story on your Facebook page and tell your friends!