It’s that time of year again when all attention turns to our epic swim from Youghal to Garrykennedy. This annual ‘swim to the pub’ has been very popular with club members over the years and always gets a large turn out. We expect this year will be no different. It marks the end of the 2013 triathlon season and a celebratory pint or two will be had afterwards.
When: Saturday, September 14th
Where: Youghal -> Garrykennedy
Distance: 2.5km or 4.6km
Time: 5:30 for weaker swimmers & 4.6km swimmers | 6:00 for stronger 2.5km swimmers
- There are hot showers available in Garrykennedy
- A wetsuit is required
- There is no entry fee
- Free food will be served in Larkins pub at 8:00pm
- Short club AGM will take place at 9:00, where we will review the year. Don’t worry you won’t be forced onto any committee.
- Club night out – we typically stay in Larkins till late and then head into town (after bringing Keith home).
- Training: Wednesday 7:00pm Youghal | Sunday 6:00pm Youghal | Thursday 6:30am Pool focus on long distance
5 Maps – Pick Your Route!
3. Geraldine Kyne 3.28 km
4. Andy McLoughlin 1.26km Rescue
5. The Easy Way