A strong turn out of 33 took some part in yesterday evening’s Dromineer Triathlon. The weather conditions were tough; even though it was dry and sunny the strong northerly winds meant that the lake was pretty choppy. This meant that swim times were a little slower than usual; it also didn’t help that everyone had to swim a little bit further this year.
Unfortunately due to the numbers that were there and the different start times and people not telling the time keeper when they were starting – the final times are a little all over the place. It has now become a job for two people so we hope to tighten up on the time keeping for the next triathlon. Use this first race as a warm-up training session. The real race will be in two weeks time.
Next Dromineer Triathlon: Wednesday, June 18th at 6:45pm.
For now you will have to be satisfied with just the overall time.
(if you timed yourself and your time is a little different then let us know – text 0872605743)
- Shane Scully – 1:00:00
- Eoin O’Donoghue – 1:01:49
- Mike Browne – 1:04:40
- Ronan O’Driscoll – 1:10:44
- Ronan Walsh – 1:13:40
- Eddie O’Meara – 1:15:50
- Ramon Rodriquez – 1:15:52
- Brian McLoughlin – 1:16:40
- Eoin Woolley – 1:16:42
- Ken Hassett – 1:17:00
- Noel Daly – 1:18:20
- John Meagher – 1:18:30
- Colm Glynn – 1:20:15
- Barry Creamer – 1:25:48
- Long swim: Margaret Hogan, Seán Gleeson, Darren Dunne
- Bike only: Will Rymer – 36:00, Julie White – 30:39, Anita Egan – 36:25
- Run Only: Catherine Fahy – 26:25, Sinéad Lee – 26:29, Maeve Ryan
- Mini triathlon: Sheila Gregan – 1:06
- No time: Eoin Woolley, Bill O’Brien, Gary Scully, Tom Gallahue, Hugh Flannery, Martin Farrell, Andy McLoughlin, Eoin Buckley