Time trialing is an essential part of triathlons. Therefore, mastering this is very important. The more you practice the better you will get. Our club time trial league gives you the chance to be less rubbish on the bike (I am not great with the motivational speeches!).
- The TTs will take place every second Thursday starting this Thursday, April 4th at 6:15pm.
- We will meet at the swimming pool and do a short warm up cycle over to the start line at the hospital.
- If you are running late then go straight to the start line at the hospital car park. The first competitors should be starting at 6:40pm.
- Competitors will be let go at one minute intervals.
- You can select one of three routes to do.
- Cost = free
- Prizes = pride (or shame)
Route 1: is just over 9 miles long and takes you from Nenagh out to Kilkeary cross, then over to the Dublin Road and back into the swimming pool. This is a flat course with just one small hill at Knockalton.
Route 2: is 14 miles long and takes you from Nenagh out to Ballinamona, then over to Toomevara and back into the swimming pool. This is a flat course with just one small hill at Knockalton and a few small bumps on your way over to Toom. This is a good distance to practice for sprint triathlons.
Route 3: is just under 19 miles long and takes you from Nenagh out to Seáníns hill. You must go up the hill and over to Toomevara and then it’s straight back to Nenagh. This is a long, hilly course but is ideal preparation for Kilkee and for the Visit Nenagh Classic road race which takes place on these roads.