Final week of training in 2013!! It has been another successful calendar year for the club. We know most of ye are busy getting ready for Christmas and are already taking it easy, but there is still one week of club training festivities to enjoy!!
Christmas present: Bertie’s circuit training class is free this evening!!
Club Night Out: Thanks to everyone for turning up on Saturday night. There was a very large crowd there in Rockys and people were actually well behaved, so there is nobody really to slag off in the club notes today. There were plenty of prizes given out on the night. If you weren’t there and are on the prize list below then get in contact with us as we have something for you (it might be an out of date ticket for a free pint – it’s the thought that counts!!).
- Overall Male & Female: Eoin O’Donoghue, Sinnead Oakes
- Rookie of the Year: Ross O’Meara
- Most Improved: Majella Moyles
- Ironman: Paul Walsh, Ger Kirby, Eoin Sheehan
- Dromineer Triathlon Series: Ross O’Meara
- Dromineer Duathlon Series: Ronan O’Driscoll
- Dromineer Aquathon Series: Brian McLoughlin
- National Series: Male top 6: Eoin O’Donoghue, Eoin Woolley, Ronan O’Driscoll, Eoin Sheehan, John Ryan, Seán Gleeson
- National Series: Female top 6: Sinnead Oakes, Majella Moyles, Geraldine Kyne, Cliodhna Mcgrath, Sinead Kennedy, Anita Egan
- National Series: Individual junior: Darren Dunne, Ross O’Meara
- Representing Ireland: Darren Dunne, Killian Cullagh
Nenagh Cycling Club: Our final club training session of the year will take place next Saturday. Last Saturday’s session had to be cancelled due to high winds so try to make the effort to attend the final session of the year at the end of this week.
- Cycling gear payment: the final design has been signed off on and the money has been paid, so we should hopefully get our hands on the new club gear early in January. Club funds are running low due to the amount paid out to cover the final cost of the gear – it would be great if people could pay for their gear over the next few weeks.
- Junior training: will resume in January. Date to be confirmed.
- Possible Rás Team: The club held an exploratory meeting into the possibility of entering a team into next year’s An Post Rás. This meeting went well and things are looking good but there is plenty of work to do to make sure something like this actually happens. We hope to give more details over the coming weeks. It would be great for the new club to accomplish something like this in our first year. If you would like to do the Rás (or Rás na mBan) someday then the Nenagh Cycling Club would like to help you fulfill that goal in the future. Join up with us for training in the New Year!
- Christmas training: The official club training spins end this Saturday but that doesn’t mean we will not be cycling. Many people have two weeks of holidays to take and we plan to make the most of that. There will be a number of long distance cycles taking place over the Christmas period – notice will be given on the website and Facebook beforehand so stay tuned! Try and use your Christmas break to greatly increase your weekly mileage – it will really help your cycling in the New Year.
Juvenile Uneven Age Cross Country Championships: The U/17 national finals took place in Waterford and the club were once again represented by Darren Dunne and Killian Cullagh. The lads found the going tough on the day and didn’t quite put in the performance they were hoping for. Darren finished in 18th and Killian Cullagh finished in 34th.
Girls just wanna have fun! That photo must have been taken early in the night. The men clearly aren’t photogenic enough to be placed on this website.