Monday Running: Shane is going to be back up on the track this evening. Try to make it up if you can. For those of you that have finished triathlons for the year you need to start thinking about the cross country season (races in October). There is no better time to start training for that than now. The sessions we do on Monday evenings are perfect for cross country running.
Wednesday Evening Training: There will be no mid week race this weekend so enjoy the time off or you could always go for a lake swim!
Thursday TT: There will be another TT on this Thursday. Usual rules apply. Meet at the pool at 6:15 or at the hospital at 6:45.
Race Results: There were plenty of club members in racing action over the weekend.
- Ironman Zurich: Ger Kirby, Paul Walsh and John Fogarty represneted the club on the international stage yesterday. I am sure they can barely walk this morning after their efforts from yesterday. We will be getting full race reports from the lads soon but for now we will give you their final times. Ger Kirby finished in a very fast time of 11:39:06. John Fogarty was very close to breaking the 12 hour mark as he finished in 12:03:59. Paul Walsh wasn’t too far behind finishing in a time of 13:32:43. Well done to all 3 lads and enjoy the next few weeks off.
- Little Bo Peep, Kenmare Triathlon: The big national race this weekend was down in Kenmare. The Little Bo Peep triathlon is part of the National Series and three club members went in search of NS points for the club. Sinnead Oakes finished in 5th place and should have secured enough points to push her into the overall women’s top 10. In the men’s race Ronan O’Driscoll and Jerry O’Mahoney represented the club. Ronan finished in 57th while Jerry finished in 144th. These results should boost our team’s overall rankings.
- Lord of the Dring: Johnny Meaghar and Paul Dillon made the trip up to Longford for this sprint distance triathlon. Johnny finished in 61st and Paul finished close behind in 75th.
- Kilkenny Triathlon: Ramon Rodriguez took part in this Olympic distance triathlon finishing in a time of 3:04:13.
- Omey Dash Tri: John Ryan took part in this race in Clifden, Co. Galway and finished in 66th and a time of 1:37.