Dromineer Triathlon: This evening sees the fourth race of this series taking place at 7:00pm. See previous post for details. Click here for the Handicap Times
Thursday TT: There will be a bike time trial tomorrow evening. Time trialing is an essential part of triathlons. Therefore, mastering this is very important. The more you practice the better you will get. Click here to see last Aprils first TT results.
- The TT will take place this Thursday July 25th at 6:15pm.
- We will meet at the swimming pool and do a short warm up cycle to Kilkeary cross and back to the hospital.
- If you are running late then go straight to the start line at the hospital car park. The first competitors should be starting at 7:00pm.
- Competitors will be let go at one minute intervals.
- You can select one of three routes to do.
Route 1: is just over 9 miles long and takes you from Nenagh out to Kilkeary cross, then over to the Dublin Road and back into the swimming pool. This is a flat course with just one small hill at Knockalton.
Route 2: is 14 miles long and takes you from Nenagh out to Ballinamona, then over to Toomevara and back into the swimming pool. This is a flat course with just one small hill at Knockalton and a few small bumps on your way over to Toom. This is a good distance to practice for sprint triathlons.
Route 3: is just under 19 miles long and takes you from Nenagh out to Seáníns hill. You must go up the hill and over to Toomevara and then it’s straight back to Nenagh. This is a long, hilly course.