Separate Club Notes: going forward there will be separate club notes published on the website. We have a number of members that are just interested in either the triathlon or the cycling side of things. Therefore we will be bringing you Nenagh Triathlon Club Notes and Nenagh CC club notes.
Below are the updates from Nenagh CC………..
We have had a great start to off season training. There is a great sense of enthusiasm in the club and that is reflected in the strong numbers that turned out over the weekend. It is great to see that the standard of cycling has improved an awful lot since the club was founded two years ago. The added experience and fitness in the bunch means we can roll along a little faster than last year without any extra effort. This all adds to the quality of training.
Sunday cycle: this is a more advanced cyclist training session and was well attended with 16 cyclists out on the road this morning. The route was the familiar lake route, with interval sessions between Portumna and Mountshannon, a coffee break in Mountshannon and another interval session from Tuamgraney to Killaloe. The bunch split in two for both intervals and the pace was kept reasonably high in both. After 110km of cycling the bunch finished with an average pace of just over 32km per hour. Not bad at all.
Doubling up on the weekend: fitting in both the Saturday and Sunday cycle is a great way to boost your fitness for racing in 2016. It might be tough to get used to at the start but your body will adapt and soon it will get a lot easier.
Join our club: it is that time of the year again when membership is due. Maeve Ryan will be around on Saturday morning to collect your membership form and payment. You can download the form below
Club Gear Order: Kenneth Kennedy is putting in another gear order next week. Think about what you need for the upcoming season and get in contact with him. You will have to pay a deposit for your gear before the order goes in.
- Contact details for club gear – Kenneth Kennedy – (087) 2028964
Training: there are 4 training sessions for Nenagh CC members each week
1. Monday: Bertie’s Circuit Training – STARTS TOMORROW – running complex – 7:00pm/8:00pm: this is a fantastic strength and conditioning class. We do plenty of leg work and core work. S&C really has to become part of your weekly training routine and there is no better time to start doing it than now. Bertie Sherlock is a big supporter of what we do in the club so return the favour and make it to this session.
2. Tuesday: Turbo training – running complex – 7:30pm to 8:30pm (although you can join in with the junior training from 6:00pm onwards if you want extra). Now that the evenings are getting darker you need to think about attending our turbo class. You will get a fantastic workout and it doesn’t matter if it’s wet or freezing outside – this session will always be on.
3. Saturday: Main Club Cycle – Abbey Court Hotel – 9:00am (rás group meets at 8:00am): The route for this cycle changes every week so make sure to check the website on Thursday or Fridays. This cycle is usually around 90km long but there are always various easy options for beginner cyclists. If you can only attend one club training session each week then this should be it.
4. Sunday: Rás training group cycle – this is an advanced level cycle so is not suitable for beginners. We try to accommodate improving cyclists as much as possible but there is more of an ‘if you get dropped you are on your own’ attitude to this one. This tends to be a longer cycle with a few hills thrown in. We plan on using 4 different routes and rotating through them as the weeks go by. These routes are the: Lake, Cut / Wolftrap, Tipperary town, 8 Hill Challenge.
Last but not least……. our Nenagh CC Juniors
We welcomed back many of our juniors at our Saturday morning cycle. We hope ye enjoyed it. The loop based course meant it was easier for our juniors to take part. It will take a while before ye are back up to pace but keep coming out and your fitness will return. We plan on making 2016 our best junior racing year to date so start putting in the work now and you will see the benefits in the races next year.
To keep up to date with our junior training – follow our >> Junior Facebook Page
Training: target both these training sessions each week.
1. Tuesday Turbo: 6:00pm / 7:00pm – in the running complex – Kevin Sherlock will be calling the shots here again. We will have some spare turbos for you to try out on the night if you don’t already have one.
2. Saturday Cycle: this takes place every fortnight starting on Saturday, October 10th at 2:30pm / 4:00pm. WE have 2 or 3 different ability based groups on the road with qualified instructors at each session. On Saturdays where there is no specific junior training try joining in with the senior group cycle at 9:00am.
Try and get stuck into training this week. Commit to a weekly training routine & stick to it!