There hasn’t been much change in the weather over the last week. It’s still cold, cold, cold but we have noticed more club members coming out of hibernation. Welcome back! The days are getting brighter and as soon as the temps get warmer we should see more and more people out with us. For those that have braved the dark cold mornings up until now, we salute you!! Things will get better.
Training: its gonna be cold for the next few days so luckily enough we have a host of indoor training sessions for you to attend early in the week:
- Monday: Circuit training at 7:00pm in the running complex.
- Tuesday: Swimming at 6:40am and turbo at 7:30pm in the running complex (although you can arrive anytime from 6:00pm onwards if you want some extra time on the bike)
- Wednesday: beginner training day – run at 6:30pm at Tescos + swim at 8:00pm
- Thursday: Swimming at 6:40am
Nenagh CC – start of the cycling season: dust off your racing bike because the season is just about to kick off. All eyes turn to Monasterevin on Sunday, Feb 15th. Racing, is the reason we train hard throughout the winter. Why put in such a big effort and then chicken out when the racing begins? It’s time to put on the club jersey and do the club and yourself proud!
Nenagh CC Juniors: Thursday after-school training will resume the week after the mid term break – Feb 26th at 4:30. We will start things off easy so those of you that haven’t been out with us for a while will be well able for it.
- Training – turbo for all on Thursday at 6:00pm. No Saturday training this weekend. Older juniors should head out with the senior cyclists.
Video from Darren Dunne’s recent Schools Senior XC win:
Big club events for you to target in 2015: if you need a big fitness goal in 2015 then look no further than our upcoming club events. Whether you are a member of the Nenagh Triathlon Club or Nenagh CC we have plenty of activities for you to target.
- North Tipp Sprint – April 11th – this is a pool based sprint triathlon (750m swim / 20km bike / 5.3km run). This race returns to the national tri calendar after an enforced absence last year due to renovation works. Cost of entry is €30 (entry will open soon via the Triathlon Ireland website). Pool based triathlons are ideal for those looking to get into the sport. Make this your first triathlon before targeting the race below….
- Lough Derg Sprint – July 18th – this open water sprint triathlon will take place in Dromineer in the summer. This is a high quality race right on your door step. Cost = €35.
The club are offering a discount of €10 when you sign up for both races – total cost = €55.
- Mizen to Malin Cycle – July 24th, 25th, 26th – this challenge is very popular across the whole of Ireland. Most cyclists at some point try to give this cycle trip a go – so why not you? The route we are taking is quite spectacular and will provide a great challenge. We currently have 27 cyclists signed up for this and can accomodate a few more. Those that have signed up are asked to give a €50 deposit to Majella Moyles sometime over the next two weeks. Contact Majella 087-6618801 if you want to do this event.
- Nenagh Summer League – April 2nd – can you improve on your performances from last year? The league will kick off once again on Thursday evenings in April. This will bring some real intensity to your training.
- Youth road race – the club are in the process of organising an open road race for youth cyclists. The provisional date for this is June 21st. We hope to bring the best youth cyclists from around the country down to Nenagh for this event. If you want to line up beside them then get on your bike now and get cycling!
Other events: don’t forget there is also the small matter of the Dromineer Aquathon, Duathlon and Triathlon Series, as well as the Time Trial League, 5km Nenagh Run Series, Junior Summer League, and the End of Year Swim and Cycle. Is that enough for you???