Congrats to everyone on another big week of training. The numbers attending training last week were huge once again and more importantly, everyone survived!! ( I think)
Monday training – Circuit training at 7:00pm in the running complex – morning swim at 6:55am.
Plan for December – there are just 3 more weeks left till our Christmas Party on December 20th. There are also just 3 more weeks of training left in 2014. The final official club training session of the year is the Winter Warriors Cup on Saturday, Dec 20th. Afer that you can relax and put the feet up. There will be plenty of unofficial training sessions to go to and events to attend if you want, but for most, it will probably be a case of taking it easy for a while.
- December 7th, Sunday – Birdhill Turkey Run – popular with our members last year.
- December 20th, Saturday – Winter Warriors Cup – normal Sat training route with a twist.
- December 20th, Saturday – Club Night Out
- December 25th, Christmas Day Run – 11:00am, fun run for charity starts at Nenagh CBS.
- From Dec 26th onwards – Nenagh CC seniors string together a number of big mileage days on the bike.
Club Christmas Night Out – as mentioned already, this takes place on Saturday, Dec 20th. This is the ‘must attend’ event of the year. Tickets are on sale now but are bound to sell out quickly. As usual formal wear is required. Ya right. Being a club event, things will be a little bit more laid back than that – admission is free but we would appreciate it if you could wear some form of clothing. Keep the Full Monty routines to a respectable hour of the night. There will be free finger food on the night and we will once again get to laugh at our Master of Ceremonies – known to some as Fathead (or the Fastest Fat Man), others know him as the Silver Fox; he is the self christened Ironman Adonis – the one and only Keith Butler.
Venue: we will be heading back to Rocky’s.
Time: 9:00 is a good time for most. Sinnead Oakes & Noel Kennedy – be there at 7:30!
Nenagh CC Juniors: two training sessions this week. At the moment, most of our juniors are just training twice a week – to get top results next year you need to be on your bike more. We know it gets dark after school, so think about getting a turbo. Also, try and get out for a cycle on Sunday as well. The Christmas break will provide the perfect opportunity to get in some extra work. Santa isn’t going to bring you podium finishes! (although a new bike would help)
- Tuesday turbo at 6:00pm in the running complex. We are looking into providing an annual rental scheme for our turbos, where you can take them home with you for the year. Pay the fee – keep the turbo for the year.
- Saturday – 2:30pm in the Nenagh CBS.
Weekend Racing: all quiet this weekend on the racing front. No doubt there were one or two shnakey club members getting in a shnakey race in secret locations around the country. Keep your eyes and ears open and for these deadly creatures.