We are now heading into the last week in November. December is always a busy month, with Christmas parties, trips away, Christmas shopping etc. so get in as much training this week as possible.
Monday Training: Bertie’s Circuit training at 7:00pm in the running complex. There is also an early morning swim at 6:55am for those that want to start off the week with a splash.
View full training timetable >> click here
Beginners: there are 4 beginner friendly training sessions in the club, so if you want this week to be the week that you finally take the first step towards taking part in a triathlon, then show up at these training session.
- Bertie’s circuit training – build the strength and conditioning you will need to get through the season.
- Tuesday Turbo – we have spare turbos – just bring a bike, towel and drink. 7:30pm running complex.
- Wednesday run – from Tescos at 6:30 – very easy pace
- Wednesday swim – free coached swim session at 8:00pm – must be able to swim at least 1 length – please only join us if you are intending on joining the club.
Sunday cycle: there were 14 brave souls at this morning’s long and tough cycle over to the Slieve Bloom mountains. We were gone for half the day but time flies when you are in good company. Next week, we will be heading in a different direction – more details later in the week. After two weeks of touring the countryside we will be back to our old stomping ground – the lake.
Nenagh CC Seniors: racing cyclists wanted – we are always on the look out for cyclists that want to push themselves to the next level. Our club puts a strong focus on racing and we compete in many of Ireland’s top cycling races. In 2015, we have plans to enter a team in next year’s An Post Rás and Rás na mBan – this will obviously be a first for any Nenagh team, but what would make it even more special is if we could put together full racing teams out of Nenagh based riders. There is huge potential in the town, so there is no reason why we couldn’t. We also want to see as many cyclists out racing in the smaller events as possible. Maybe you have just hung up the football, hurling, rugby boots and want a new challenge – if so then consider giving competitive cycling a go. Maybe you are a leisure cyclist that wants to kick on to the next level – if so then we think we can help you.
Get started by……….. joining us for an indoor turbo training session – Tuesday, 7:30pm, Nenagh Running Complex. Cost = free, just turn up, introduce yourself and we will help you get set-up. We will supply the turbo, you just bring some enthusiasm!
Nenagh CC Juniors: Just one junior specific training session this week – Tuesday Turbo at 6:00pm in the running complex. Our older juniors should also be targeting our senior cycle on Saturday at 9:00am.
- Garrykennedy 10km: Mary Gavin took 1st place in the women’s race and David Sheahan was 2nd in the men’s race today. Also competing for the club were JP O’Meara and Eddie O’Meara. Great stuff!
- Kevin Sherlock was up in Castlebar today for the 2nd race of the cyclo cross league and won the B race. Good stuff Kevin!
A clearly delighted Kevin Sherlock after his victory today!