Week 2 of pre-season training has bitten the dust. Fitness levels have gone from brutal to semi brutal. Let’s push for average next week! Motivational speaking really isn’t my thing!!
Monday: means circuits. See you in the running complex at 7:00pm.
Tuesday: it’s a long time since we had two official club training sessions in one day but the pool is back open!!
- Early Morning Swim: We will have our first early morning swim in 10 months on Tuesday morning starting at 6:45am. Bring your arm bands. It’s gonna take a long time before we all learn how to swim again!
- Tuesday Turbo: complex at 7:30pm (some will be there from 6:00pm onwards if you want to turn up early)
Nenagh CC Juniors: there are still a lot of regulars from last week that haven’t dusted off the bike yet for pre-season training. We hope to see more faces back this week. You have 3 training options – to really improve – try and make all three of them.
- Tuesday turbo – 6:00pm at the running complex. Text Shane at 0872605743 to reserve a turbo
- Thursday at CBS – begins at 4:30pm. This session is fast and more suitable for our racing cyclists.
- Saturday Session – at the CBS at 2:30. This is suitable for all levels of cyclists. The more new faces we see up at this the better.
If any of our juniors has decided cycling isn’t for you then consider selling your bike back to the club. Get in contact with Gary.
Club Membership: fees our due. Maeve Ryan is the person to give the money to – she will be at circuit training tomorrow. €25 adults, €10 juniors.
Cycling Training: I want to comment on how great the turn-outs were for both the Saturday and Sunday cycle this week. We had a very positive group out on both days and even though the weather was pretty awful it didn’t dampen our spirits. It was great to have our Rás na mBan squad out putting in some good work this week. I am looking forward to next weekend already! Think we will put the Sunday spin up as an official spin on the club time table. It seems to suit a lot of people and it will really help your cycling fitness. Plus if you miss the Saturday spin then you can always try to make it out on the Sunday. I will put up the routes for both later in the week.
Weekend Racing: there wasn’t much happening on the racing front this weekend. With the Dublin City Marathon on next week, a lot of people were taking it easy.
- County Intermediate Cross Country: Eoin Woolley was our sole representative at this race.
- Cycle Cross in Waterford: Kevin Sherlock was once again competing on the cyclo cross circuit.