Training: the pool is still closed so there will be no swimming this week (probably closed for two more weeks). There are plenty of other training sessions to keep ye going.
- Monday: Circuit training in the running complex at 7:00pm. Cost €5. A strength and conditioning program in the off season is very important if you want to race well and stay injury free in 2015.
- Tuesday: turbo training in the running complex at 7:30pm. It doesn’t matter how wet it gets outside – this session will go ahead. Remember to bring the correct back skewer for your wheel and also bring a towel and drink. Come early if you haven’t set your bike up on a turbo before and need help.
- Thursday: running in the CBS at 6:15pm.
- Saturday: cycle at 9:00am leaving from the pool.
Facebook: the best place to keep up to date with everything that is happening in the club is on our Facebook page. If you haven’t liked our page yet then head on over there now >> Nenagh Tri Facebook
Text List: if you would like to add your mobile number to our text list for training then send your name to Shane at (087) 2605743.
Turbo: if you have a turbo for sale at a decent price then let the club know and they might buy it off you. Text Shane at 0872605743. There are always people looking to buy so feel free to leave a message on our Facebook page if you want.
Nenagh CC Juniors
Training: training resumes this week for our juniors. It all kicks off at 4:30pm at the CBS for our older juniors. Then on saturday we will have our first CBS training session for all juniors. If you are new to the club then this is the session you need to attend.
Facebook: to keep up to date with junior training and racing – like our >> Nenagh CC Juniors Facebook Page
Weekend Racing: it might be the off season for cycling and triathlon but there are still running races taking place throughout the winter months. We actually had quite a few out racing today.
- The Human Race – Limerick: 6 club members took part in this race with David Sheahan, Shane Scully and Ger Kirby going in the 30km race, Cliodhna McGrath and Gillian Mounsey going in the 20km race and Mary gavin going in the 10km race. It turned out to be quite a successful event for the club. Mary Gavin won the 10km. Cliodhna and Gillian both set new PBs in the Half marathon. Shane came 3rd in the 30km race with both David and Ger in the top 10. The 3 lads were using this race as a final warm up before the marathon at the end of the month and things are looking good.
- County Novice – Eoin Woolley was our sole represnetative at the County Novice Cross Country in Two Mile Borris on Sunday. Eoin didn’t feature at the top but this race will give him a good base from which to build on.