Club training: is pretty much finished now. We might organise a lake swim before the End of Year Swim to get people used to the water. We will put a notice on the website if this is going ahead. Cycling and running are both finished now until October.
End of Year Cycle: thank once again for the fine turn-out at this event. Try and now target our one remaining club event – the End of Year Swim.
End of Year Swim + AGM + Club Night Out: our annual ‘swim to the pub’ takes place on Saturday, Sept 6th at 5:30 in Youghal. We don’t want to hear excuses, we just want to see bodies in the water (preferably alive). More details >> click here. There will be food served up in Larkins after the swim and we will have a brief AGM upstairs which we would like as many people as possible to attend – don’t worry you won’t be asked onto a committee and you can drink and eat away to your heart’s content while Shane and Eoin work the room.
- 2014 Nottingham ETU Triathlon Junior European Cup: Darren Dunne was in International action again. This time it was a sprint distance race in Nottingham. Darren came 23rd out of the 70 starters. Darren missed the main pack on the bike but raced well on the bike and run. As soon as he sorts his swim out he will up there with the best. For now, he is having a well deserved end of season rest.
- Pulse Bull Wall Aquathon: Before Darren headed off to the UK he took part in a mid week aquathon up in Dublin. Darren won this race beating a number of decent triathletes.
- Dublin City Triathlon: the latest race of the National Series took place on Sunday. Eoin Buckley and John Ryan took part, with Eoin finishing in 133rd in a time of 2:36 and John finishing in 386th in a time of 3:08:12.
- Worlds End Tri: Derek Bowen and Ross O’Meara represented the club at this sprint distance tri in Castleconnell on Saturday. Derek came 9th in a time of 1:10:56 and Ross was 24th in a time of 1:13.
- Tri the Hook: Eoin O’Donoghue took part this National Series sprint distance event last week. This was his 5th NS race of the season and a 26th place finish here boosted him up to 2nd in his age group in the NS rankings.
- Gaelforce: the club were represented at this adventure race last week by Clifford Guest. Clifford was well on his way to setting a new fast time for the course but punctured twice on the bike route. How unlucky is that!