Today’s training: you have a date with the track at 6:15pm this evening. It’s only one hour and it probably won’t kill you. If you want to improve your 5km time for the run series then work on your fitness with us. See you on the track. Beginners are always welcome.
Club Events this week:
- Nenagh 5km run series – run 4: takes place on Wednesday at 7:00pm at the Vocational School.
- Nenagh Summer League: continues on Thursday evening at 7:00pm.
Nenagh CC Juniors: there are just 4 more weeks left to the junior end of season. We will be taking a break for a number of weeks to let ye all recharge your batteries. Until then, we want four more hard weeks of training and racing out of ye all!!!
- Training: Saturday at 2:30pm in the CBS.
- Junior Summer League: Thursday at 2:00pm at the Five Alley.
- Fermoy: on Sunday – more details about this race will be online later in the week.
- Racing – Tralee GP: two juniors members were in racing action over the weekend. Odhran and Daniel Yonhin took part in the U/12 race dow in Tralee. This proved to be a tough race with a 4.5km hill to negotiate. The boys were well up to the task but just weren’t able to finish in the prizes this week. It’s one more race in the legs though and that will stand to them in the future.
The Big Wedding: the club would like to congratulate two of our club members who got married last Friday – Cliodhna McGrath and James Sheary. We hope ye had a wonderful day. They even managed to fit in a quick run in the CBS on this special occasion – that’s commitment for you!
- Two Provinces Triathlon: this sprint distance triathlon took place in Lanesboro in Co. Longford on Saturday. The club had just one representative in this latest National Series event and he was Darren Dunne. As always with Darren, expectations of a top finish were high. Darren didn’t disappoint as he put in another fine effort to finish in 3rd overall.
- Cycle4SickChildren: a decent crowd from the club attended the 2014 Awareness Tour.