Now that the Lough Derg Sprint is behind us we can focus more on our own plans for the year. Thanks to everyone for helping out. Now get out training and sign up for a few more races!!
Today’s Training: with the Nenagh Run Fest only 3 weeks away, you need to start improving your run. Join us on the track today at 6:15pm for a 400m repeats track set.
- Nenagh 5km run series: takes place on Wednesday at 7:00pm at the Vocational School.
- Nenagh Summer League: continues on Thursday evenings at 7:00pm.
Nenagh CC Juniors: just one training session this week and that is the weekly Thursday cycle at 2:00pm at the Five Alley Pub.
Summer League Reports: don’t worry we haven’t forgotten about them. It has just been manic here in club HQ with our Lough Derg Sprint on last Saturday. Should be up online soon.
Weekend Racing: plenty of club members in racing action this weekend. If we have missed you in the results then get in contact. It’s hard to keep track of what ye are all doing!!
- Lough Derg Sprint: 19 club members took part in our own club triathlon. They gave us all something to cheer along the way. It was a successful day for the club with Darren Dunne finishing 2nd overall. Mike Browne also did well at this race finishing very high up in 5th. The top female performance for the club came from Olivia Cahalan who finished in 23rd in the women’s race. Other finishers for the club were Ronan Walshe (29th), Edward O’Meara (37th), Thomas Adams (38th), Derek Gilmartin (42nd), Ken Hassett (43rd), Ramon Rodriquez (44th), Brian McLoughlin (45th), Noel Daly (60th), John Paul Gilmartin (69th), Eddie Tucker (70th), Barry Creamer (76th), Denis Ryan’s Relay (89th), Cathal Donovan (104th), Tom Gallahue (113th), Rebecca Power (27th) and Sheila Gregan (34th female).
- Hook or By Crook: 2 club members made the trip to Dunmore East in seach of NS points at this highly competitive National Series race. Eoin O’Donoghue was best placed for the club finishing in 25th place overall. Ronan O’Driscoll was also there and will be happy with his 74th place finish out of over 400 starters. The two lads are racking up the points for the club. Now its time for other members to start doing the same!
- Nenagh CC Seniors: the club were represented in a few races recently but nobody has managed to eek out any more points. In Dungarvan, Con Kennedy, Alan Loftus and Simon Ryan all took part but couldn’t get into the prizes. Fast forward to this weekend and we had the Kieran MacMahon Memorial Classic in Co Clare. Kenneth Kennedy took part in the A3 race but punctured out once again! Con Kennedy had more luck and featured in some of the breakaways in the A3 race before finally coming home in the bunch.
- An Post Tour De Burren: the club were represented at this tour by John Gleeson, Edward Gleeson, Darragh Brady, Sinnead Oakes, Noel Kennedy and Anthony Sherlock.