Today’s Training: Preparation for the Nenagh Run Fest continues with another track session this evening at 6:15pm. Beginners are always welcome.
Club Events: there are two big events this week. There will be no Wednesday evening event due to the Lough Derg Sprint coming up this Saturday.
- Nenagh Summer League: Thursday at 7:00pm from Gooig.
- Big Week for the Club: Lough Derg Sprint this Saturday!
There is just one more week left to our first ever open water sprint triathlon. It is an important week for the club; we need to make sure everything runs smoothly. Every club member needs to think about ways in which they can help out. If you can’t think of any ways then here are a few suggestions!
- Marshal on Saturday: we need as many bodies as we can get to marshal at this event on Saturday. The race is now starting at 9:00am. This means it should be over by 11:00 and everyone should be back at home before lunch. It’s not going to disrupt your day much so text Shane if you can be there and you haven’t text already 0872605743.
- Take part in the race (but don’t embarrass the club!!!): make sure to pre-register. Don’t turn up on the day looking to be registered as this creates unwanted hassle. If you do race please send someone else to marshal for you. Click here to register
- Course Set-up on Friday: we will be setting up transition, hanging up signs etc on Friday. We need help to do this so if you are around then pop down to help us. Transition will be set-up in the late evening but other work will take place earlier in the day. We will give exact details on Thursday.
- A whole lotta baking! construction of our bun and sandwich mountain needs to commence now. Be creative! As always we ask for each club members to bring one thing with them to the race – that might be a packet of biscuits, a 5l of water or coke, sweets, tray of sandwiches etc. Many of our club members can’t be at the race due to prior commitments but they can let their buns represent them instead!!
- Marquee – has anyone got a marquee they could lend us for the day? we just need a place near transition for people to store their gear bags.
Committee meeting: could all committee members and those involved in organising the Lough Derg Sprint please be out in Dromineer at 7:00pm this Wednesday for a meeting. We want to make final plans and make sure everything is ready to go. If you have jobs to do then make sure to have updates for us for Wednesday.
Clifford Guest Sponsored Cycle: Next Saturday Clifford Guest will be embarking on a 500 mile cycle, to the five national scout centres, over five days. This sponsored cycle is in aid of the Cloughjordan scouts. More details on the cycle are on the “Cloughjordan Scouts Sponsored Cycle 2014” Facebook page: click to visit. There is a donate option through the Facebook page or you can donate money to him the next time you see him.
Nenagh CC Juniors:
- Junior Summer League: the latest round of the Junior Summer League takes place on Thursday at 2:00pm at the Five Alley Pub on the Limerick Road. Again, there will be two options – 28km and 16km. We will be publishing the league tables after the race so you will know exactly where you rank. If you haven’t made it to many races then you better make sure you attend this one! This junior race is open to other juniors from other clubs – contact Shane 0872605743 for more details.
- Training: there will be training on Saturday at 2:30pm in the CBS.
- Help needed: we need our older juniors to help out at the Lough Derg Sprint triathlon that takes place this coming Saturday, July 21st in Dromineer. If you are free that morning then let Shane or Gary know this week. It will be a good opportunity for you to get to see a race taking place. You will be finished well before the afternoon’s training session.
- Mullaghmore Triathlon: this sprint distance triathlon in Sligo was the big National Series race of the weekend. Martin Farrell was the only club member to make the long trip up to Sligo in search of ranking points and he performed very well on the day. Well done to Martin!
- Boruman: our neighbouring club in Killaloe hosted their first open water event on Saturday. 5 club members took part in the individual event but there were also a number of familiar faces taking part in the relay event. It was a successful day for the club with two lads finishing on the podium – Shane Scully finished in 2nd overall and Darren Dunne finished 3rd. It was a great day for Barry Creamer and Eoin O’Connor as both lads completed their first ever open water triathlons in fine style. It was also great to see Colm Glynn back racing for the club after a few years out dealing with twins! The club would like to congratulate our near neighbours for organising a very enjoyable race.
- The Blues 10km: closer to home, there was the small matter of the Blues 10km to complete for many of our club members. There were so many familiar faces at the race its hard to mention everyone that took part. Thanks to everyone for showing up and supporting the race. Darren Dunne will be the happiest of the lot as he took home the 1st place prize and I think Michael Browne was 3rd in the men’s race, but there were also plenty of club members who were just delighted to get through the distance. Well to everyone – next up is the Nenagh Run Fest!
- Mary Donnellan’s Hen Night: there was a large turnout from our female club members for this gruelling challenge. Many of the girls have been preparing for this big day all year and the hard work clearly paid off. Mary won the night and was joined on the podium by Margaret Hogan and Maeve Ryan. Well done girls.
Blues 10km finish video