Best of luck: to everyone racing this weekend. There are a good few club members heading up to TriAthy and a couple of others taking part in cycling races. Make sure to let us all know how you get on and write-up a report if you have time!!
If you are not racing – we want to see you out at our Saturday cycle at 8:30am from the pool.
Club Gear: the final order is being sent in today for club gear. If you have already paid for and have been waiting for some time for gear then make sure to send Kevin a text (0868602011) to double-check that you have been included in this order.
Nenagh Run Fest: we want this fantastic new club event to be a big success. For that to happen we need to get the word out about the race. The best way you can help us is through Facebook – make sure to Like and Share our new >> Nenagh Run Fest Facebook page
- Training: there is no 2:30 Saturday training tomorrow. However, if some of our older juniors want to join in with the senior cycle for a while then you are more than welcome. At this stage, ye should all be getting together and organising your own little group cycles. Find a steep hill somewhere e.g. Portroe and see if you can climb up it! Always remember to obey the rules of the road – cycle safely!!
- Racing: It’s that time of year where you are finished school and thoughts should turn to racing your bike. There are a few races coming up that we want you to target:
- Junior Summer League – our next club race takes place next Thursday at 4:30pm at the Five Alley pub on the Limerick Road. Either cycle out or get your parents to drop you there. Again there will be two distances to choose from – 28km or 16km. We should be finished before 6:00pm. Cost = €2.
- June 8th – Leahy Cup – Cobh, Co. Cork
- June 14th – Lucan Youth Races, Co. Dublin
- June 15th – Dungarvan Open Race, Co. Waterford
Junior Racing – 2 Goals! our junior cyclists should all aim to make the club event next Thursday. You should also try to make yourself available to attend one open junior race. Let Gary or Shane know if you are interested in going to a race. The club will provide a lift to the race.