What a beautiful day for a run! Training on the track is on this evening at 6:15pm. Get your week off to a good start by getting your ass there.
Club Time Trial League: resumes this Wednesday at 7:00. It is time to go faster or longer! Warm-up rolls out at 6:10pm from the pool.
Dromineer Aquathon – Race 1: The first race of our Dromineer Aquathon series takes place next Wednesday, April 7th at 7:00pm. Therefore, you need to get back into your wetsuit soon and into the lake. The water is pretty warm at this stage so no excuses.
Nenagh CC Juniors:
- Training: for older juniors resumes this Thursday at 4:30pm from the CBS.
- Saturday training will resume soon. We will know when exactly later in the week.
- Text list for training – we would like to put together a text list of parent numbers for the junior training sessions. A text list will allow us to notify you of upcoming training sessions and training cancellations. If you would like to be included on this text list then text Kevin Sherlock at (086)8602011, with your name and the name of your child.
- Joey Hannon: 9 club members made the short trip into Limerick for this pool based triathlon. As always the event was very well organised by the Limerick Club and each of our members were delighted with their efforts. Darren Dunne had a very successful day at the office with a fine 2nd place finish in the sprint event. Darren was up against some tough opposition but managed to put in a good swim, bike and run to take 2nd overall in a fast time of 59:54. Also taking part in the sprint event were Cian McCormack who finished in 37th, Eddie O’Meara 75th, Eoin Buckley 106th, and Eoin O’Connor 186th. In the Olympic distance event there wasn’t much time separating all our Nenagh entrants with Ramon Rodriquez finishing in 113th, Jerry O’Mahoney in 120th, Anthony Sherlock finished in 127th, and PJ Brett in 129th. Well done to everyone that took part. With over 700 taking part your finishing positions are excellent! Hopefully one of you can do a write up for the website about the triathlon!! (send to email@example.com)
- Shay Elliot: 4 club members took part in this classic event. The classic events are the toughest and most prestigious bike races in Ireland and always provide a very tough test. The Shay Elliot was no different with 90 miles of hilly terrain to cover. Kenneth Kennedy was our sole representative in the A3 race but had to retire early after a mechanical problem. In the main A1/A2 race, Simon Ryan got off to a great start getting into an early break but he crashed out of the race in what were very slippery conditions. Shane Scully got into a break towards the end of the race and managed to win the 1st A2 prize. Gary also did well finishing in a bunch soon after Shane.
- Drumm Cup: Numbers were poor from the club at this race yesterday. Just 3 lads made their way down to Currow for this cycle race (remember we are all just 2 months into a 6 month season!!!). We had some success at this race too with Gary and Shane both managing to win prizes. Shane came 10th overall and Gary was the 3rd unplaced A2 rider. Simon was very active in breaks all day but didn’t get into the prizes at the end.
- Up next: Kanturk 3 Day. We have a team of 6 entered for this. As always for our Nenagh CC seniors there is plenty of mid week action to get your fitness levels up – Nenagh Summer League, Club TT League, Limerick Summer League!!
- Wexford Half Marathon: well done to Johnny Meaghar who finished the Wexford half in a time 1:46:28