Sorry for the delay in getting the Monday club notes up. The club’s Internet nerd was away doing exams but is back now.
This week sees the start of our >> new timetable. Take a look at it and fit in as many of those training sessions as possible. With the long evenings back you really should be looking to make the best use of it. Try and get out as many evenings during the week as you can.
Two key events this week are:
- Dromineer Duathlon Race 3: Wednesday, April 2nd at 7:00pm. We won’t have sufficient time to run a proper handicap system for this race. So just turn up and go when you are ready. Text Shane 0872605743 if you want to volunteer to time the event or take photos.
- Nenagh Summer League: warm-up event for club members – meet at Stereame car park at 6:30pm or drive straight out to Birdhill for 7:00pm.
Cycling Coaching: 5 club members are taking part in a Cycling Ireland coaching course this week. It takes place on Saturday. We weren’t able to get all those that were interested entered onto the course – so don’t think we are ignoring ye!!
Junior Cycling: Thursday training at 4:30pm will be on as usual from the CBS. Those who want a little extra can turn up on Wednesday at 7:15 for a 15km time trial out in Dromineer.
- 3D Aquathon: Darren Dunne kicked off his 2014 season with a fine 2nd place finish at the 3D aquathon up in Dublin. Darren finished 23 seconds behind the race winner. This is a strong season opener for Darren and hopefully it is a sign of good things to come.
- Nenagh CC Seniors: First promotion! Congratulations to Kenneth Kennedy for gaining the points needed to move from the A4 category to A3. Kenneth has trained hard and trained consistently and has been duly rewarded for his efforts. Hopefully this will motivate others to focus harder on training and racing.
- Aqua Blue Classic: 4 club members went to Minane Bridge on Sunday in search of more points on what was a tough and hilly course. Gary Scully lined up in the A1/A2 race and finished in 11th. Kenneth Kennedy raced well in the A4 race finishing in 4th place. It was good to see Con Kennedy back out racing after a good while out sick. Con and Andy McLoughlin both raced well but failed to get into the points at this race.
- Harry Reynolds Memorial – Eoin Woolley continued his impressive start to the season by picking up a 2nd place prize in the A4 category at this race. Well done Eoin!
- Stephen Roche Atlantic Challenge – 8 club members made their way down to Ennistymon on Saturday for this event. The 80km route proved to be a tough challenge but everyone made it through to the end. Matty Kennedy, Gillian Mounsey, Geraldine Kyne, Clifford Guest, Ramon Rodriquez, Noel Kennedy, PJ Brett and John Gleeson.