Friday Running: attendances at this training session have been poor. We know it’s not an ideal day or time for most but with 80+ club members we should still be seeing more people making an effort to be there. It is important to support the club activities when possible. We will be see how the attendances go at this session over the next two weeks – if people turn up we will keep it going, if people continue to want to do their own thing then we will scrap it in April and look to do something else.
Nenagh CC Seniors: the Saturday cycle is on tomorrow at 9:00am. We plan on doing about 53 miles or so. If you are part of the racing group and are not racing on Saturday then try to make it to this session. It is important to continue supporting the rest of the team when possible.
Two new junior members: congrats to Sinéad & Thomas and Úna & Stephen on the birth of their little girl and little boy. We expect to see Sinéad and Úna back at training this evening. Nothing like a handy run session for getting over giving birth!
April Events: the season is really going to kick off in April with a number of club and national events taking place. Training is going to get tougher as we prepare for another hard triathlon/cycling season. The first triathlons of 2014 start in April so it’s time to up your training a bit. Remember the clocks go forward at the end of the month so that gives you more time in the evening to get out on the road to train.
- Dromineer Duathlon race 3 – April 2nd (+ possibly 4)
- Time Trial League (every Wednesday that is not a duathlon week)
- Nenagh & Limerick Summer League (Nenagh = every Thursday, Limerick = every Tuesday)
- Junior cycle races – we hope to get our juniors attending their first races next month. Be prepared!
- Lake swimming – will probably begin in the last week of the month (don’t worry, we will get Seán Gleeson to test the waters!)
- Triathlons – Portlaoise, Joey Hannon
- Senior Cycling – Visit Nenagh Classic April 13th, Rás Mumhan, Kanturk 3 Day, Tour of Ulster