Tuesday Turbo: only 3 more weeks of turbo left before we switch to the road. Focus will once again be on sprinting this evening. It’s gonna be a tough one.
Final chance to order gear! if you want cycling gear then get in contact with Kevin Sherlock 0868602011. The order is going in at the end of the week and it will be the last one for some time.
Facebook: We are just after going past the 600 likes mark. Thanks to everyone for keeping in touch! Friend us today
Triathlon National Series (NS): It is time once again to start thinking about entering a few NS races. As always, we want to do well in the overall club event. Last year our women’s team did well but our men’s team did poorly. This year we hope to change that. To do well we need our male and female members to try to do at least 5 NS races this year >> click for NS rules. You need to start entering these races soon as they sell out very quickly. The top 6 men and women at the end of the year count for the club score. We have a strong team if everyone gets their races in. Take a look at the Triathlon Ireland calendar and plan your year >> TI Calendar
Triathlon Race Entry: At this stage the triathletes in this club should be looking to enter a few races. Most popular races around the country sell out well in advance of the race day, so you must enter early. Below are a few triathlons that have been popular with our members in the past:
- April 5th – TriLaois – sold out
- April 27th – Joey Hannon – sold out
- May 18th – Tri Sprint Triathlon (part of National Series) – pool based – Registration open mid March >> website
- May 31st – TriAthy (part of National Series) – easy open water event – Registration opened >> website
- June 14th – Mullaghmore Triathlon (part of National Series) – Sligo – Registration opened >> website (via TI website)
- June 28th – Kilkee – sold out
- July 5th – TriAthlone (part of National Series) – easy open water event – Registration opened >> website
- July 12th – Two Provinces Sprint Triathlon (part of National Series) – Longford – Registration opened >> website (via TI website)
- July 26th – King of the Hill (part of National Series) – Kinsale – Registration opened >> website (via TI website)
Dromineer Triathlons / Duathlons / Aquathons – will be taking place during the summer on Wednesday evenings. These are great races but we obviously win no National Series points from these events. Use these races as preparation for the real thing. Enter yourself into a few NS races today and score points for your club. It’s your duty!!!!